Lifestyle changes that may help prevent varicose veins from worsening
If you suffer from varicose veins, you are probably aware that they are enlarged, often times unsightly veins that cause pain and discomfort if left untreated. If you are looking for something you can try at home to help to prevent varicose veins from worsening, follow these suggestions:
• Do not cross your legs for long periods of time.
• Elevate your legs whenever you’re resting or sleeping.
• Exercise the legs.
• If you already have varicose veins, prevent the appearance of new varicose veins.
• Maintain a healthy weight.
• Stop standing for long periods of time.
• Wear compression stockings.
• Avoid excessive sun exposure.
If you find your veins are worsening, becoming more prominent, or if you have an increase in discomfort, you should not wait and speak with a vein specialist.