SculpSure and CoolSculpting are both FDA approved, fat loss cosmetic procedures. Unlike liposuction, they are both non-invasive procedures. CoolSculpting utilizes a cooling technique called cryolipolysis. It uses very cold temperatures to freeze and destroy fat cells. SculpSure on the other hand uses heat via a laser to treat fat cells. The laser reaches high enough temperatures to melt fat cells. Though these two procedures are unique in their own way, they do share several similarities:
– Contouring treatments
– Targets unwanted and stubborn fat that is resistant to diet and exercise
– Ideal for patients who are 10-15 pounds overweight
– Permanent solution to get rid of unwanted fat as fat cells don’t return
– 20-25% in fat reduction on treated area
– Results are noticeable within 1 – 3 months
– No downtime
SculpSure and CoolSculpting both target unwanted fat, but SculpSure is one step ahead of the game for reasons listed below:
– SculpSure can treat multiple problem areas in a single procedure while CoolSculpting can only target 1 area at a time.
– SculpSure is time friendly as it only takes 25 minutes to complete the procedure while CoolSculpting takes a whole hour.
– Applicators from the CoolSculpting procedure can cause discomfort as it works as a suction device pulling and tugging at the skin while with sculpsure no suction is used.
– Most patients only require one treatment for SculpSure while CoolSculpting can take as much as 4 treatments to gain maximum results.
– There is no pain involved in SculpSure post treatment and most of all the heating sensation the laser produces does not cause any damage to the surrounding nerve and tissue, on the other hand the freezing temperatures from CoolSculpting can cause pain and even nerve damage in the long term.
– SculpSure is way more cost effective as it will only take one treatment to achieve the desired look compared to CoolSculpting that will take 2-4 more treatments to achieve one’s goal.
Though SculpSure and CoolSculpting are great alternatives to liposuction, SculpSure has the edge as the more efficient and effective treatment.