Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices
As required by the privacy regulations created as a result of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), this notice describes how health information about you (as a patient of this practice) may be used and disclosed and how you can gain access to your individually identifiable health information. Please review it carefully.
- Advanced Vein & Laser Center may use and disclose protected health information for treatment, payment, and health care operations. Examples of these include, but are not limited to, life insurance, physicals, referral to nursing homes, home health agencies, and/or referral to other providers for treatment. Payment examples include, but are not limited to, insurance companies for claims including coordination of benefits with other insurers and collection agencies. Health care operations include, but are not limited to, internal quality control, accreditation processes, and assurance including auditing of records.
- Advanced Vein & Laser Center is permitted or required to use or disclose protected health information without the individuals’ written consent or authorization in certain circumstances, such as for public health requirements and court orders.
- Advanced Vein & Laser Center will not make any other use or disclosure of a patient’s protected health information without the individual’s written authorization. Such authorization may be revoked at any time. Revocation must be written.
- Advanced Vein & Laser Center may at times contact the patient to provide appointment reminders or information regarding treatment alternatives or other health-related benefits and services that may be of interest to the individual patient. If this contact is made by phone and you are not available, a message will be left on your answering machine.
- Advanced Vein & Laser Center will abide by the terms of this notice or the notice currently in effect at the time of the disclosure.
- Advanced Vein & Laser Center reserves the right to change the terms of its notice and to make new notice provisions effective for all protected health information that it maintains.
- Advanced Vein & Laser Center will provide each patient with a copy of any revisions of its Notice of HIPAA Privacy Information at the time of the next visit, or at the last known address if there is a need to use or disclose any protected health information of the patient. Copies may also be obtained at any time at our offices.
- Any person/patient may file a complaint to the medical practice and to the Secretary of Health and Human Services if they believe their privacy rights have been violated. To file a complaint with the practice, or for further information, please contact the privacy officer at the following address and/or telephone number.Advanced Vein & Laser Center
Attn: Privacy Officer
191 Leader Heights Road
York, PA 17402
- It is Advanced Vein & Laser Center’s policy that no retaliatory action will be made against any individual who submits or conveys a complaint of suspected or actual noncompliance of the privacy standards.
Sign up for the latest news, insights and advice from AVLC.
191 Leader Heights Rd. York, PA 17402
896A Plaza Blvd. Lancaster, PA 17601